I forgot yesterday was Emaline’s half birthday. (Thanks, Grandma Grunewald for the reminder!)
I know moms say this all the time, but I cannot believe Emaline is already 18 months. Seriously.
My friend brought her 4 month old over today, and Emmy looked gigantic. Here are 18 things about my sweet 18 month old.
1. She loves cheese. And milk. She walks to the fridge multiple times a day asking for “chee chee” or “mas.” RJ used to tease that she was bi-lingual, but she says “mas” for milk.
2. She says so many words. I can’t even count them.
3. She always wants to eat.
4. She loves her baby dolls. She brings them places. She feeds them. She sleeps with them. She pretends to change their diapers. She applies sunscreen to them.
5. She is fearless. And a daredevil. She falls or jumps off something and people cringe. I just shrug and assure them that she is fine.
6. She is a total water baby. Pools. The beach. Kiddie Pools. The splash Pad. The tub. She loves it all.
7. She recently discovered the joys of baking. Elijah is very into helping me, dumping ingredients in. But Emmy, she stands there watching until all is done and licks the spatula and bowl. Smart girl.
8. She asks for “Doc” every single morning. Then promptly hits the home button on the iPad and asks for “fee-ah” (Sophia).
9. She likes to hold her big brothers hand. They hold hands in their carseats often and it makes me so happy.
10. She wants bows in her hair all the time, but they only last for a couple minutes before she grabs it out. Maybe she just wants to see it?
11. She has excellent oral hygiene. I’m pretty sure she would brush her teeth for a solid hour if I let her.
12. She hates having stuff on her hands. The second she finishes eating, she starts demanding “wash. wash. wash.” Usually she will then try to eat more or climb onto a chair to find other food.
13. She recently started washing herself in the tub. Really, she doesn’t even need me. She shampoos her hair and washes herself.
14. She does this adorable thing where she is super excited to see someone, but she runs away squealing the second she sees said person.
15. She is fast. She likes to play the run away from mama game, and its pretty cute sometimes. Not when I want to change her poopy diaper so that we can get in the car on time and go to church. But it’s cute other times, like when RJ is trying to change her.
16. She will yell at me until I say, “yes emmy?” and then will just sweetly say “love you.”
17. She likes to say her own name. And let us know which things are “emmy’s” and which things are “li-jah’s.”
18. She loves cleaning or helping with chores. I’m really hoping this habit sticks, then she can do my floors and dusting and dishes.