Emaline will be 15 months soon. I don’t even want to talk about how this happened. She is completely not a baby anymore.
But she does some cool things and some completely obnoxious things.
1. Emmy loves to read. She will grab a book and sit in Eli’s chair or lean up against the couch and go through it all by herself. It is so sweet.
2. She eats so much. And everything. She is constantly pointing at food items or trying to get the fridge open. And she has already figured out how to use a spoon, and attempts to spear things with a fork.
3. She has mastered the tantrum. I feel like 15 months is a little young to throw a tantrum, but she is a pro. Throwing herself onto the cement floor at swim lessons because I won’t let her into the suckers. Screaming because I won’t let her jump off the chair with two pencils in her hands. Yelling and making a fake sad face when I take away Eli’s little legos. It’s a joy.
4. Emaline loves giving kisses. And blowing kisses. She walks down the hall at church just blowing kisses to random people.
5. She is so social. Elijah has always been on the shy side, but not this girl. She smiles at strangers and runs and gives hugs.
6. Emmy wants to be doing everything her big brother does.
7. She thinks she is big. She climbs stairs just holding the spindles. Doesn’t she know she is too little to do things like that?
8. Emaline is a total daddy’s girl. She cries when he leaves for work. She runs to him the second he walks in the door. She was screaming this afternoon because RJ was helping Eli and not holding her.
9. She is trying so hard to talk. She has a handful of words she says, but I can tell she just wants to communicate like her brother.
10. Emmy thinks its hilarious to show people her tummy. And if she has a romper on, she has a huge problem with it. (see #3 regarding tantrums.)
11. She is a fish. She has absolutely no fear at swim class and loves it. She goes underwater no problem and will jump right into the pool, sometimes before we’re ready for her.
12. Hide and seek is her favorite game. Emaline is actually pretty good at hiding for an almost 15 month old.
13. She does a semi-downward dog yoga move, at the most random times. Elijah thinks its hilarious.
14. Emmy laughs when she toots. That one is totally because of RJ.
15. She is a helper. She likes picking up toys and wiping messes and throwing her diapers away and attempting to blow her nose.
I really should have made a baby book for her. I hope she doesn’t resent me for that when she’s older.